Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Come On! USPS!!

The US Postal Services has been losing money for years and years. It seems to they just can shake the bad karma.

I am trying to send a flat-rate first class package. I remember I could fill out the forms and print shipping labels online. So online I went.

I registered a personal account -- I want to support the government, I do, then filled out forms, and here is what I got:
Our system is experiencing problems. Please try again later.
We're Sorry

We're sorry

Our system is experiencing problems. Please try again later.

I think I am probably the one feeling sorry: It seems that they are reenforcing people's perception that the USPS can't do anything right. They seem to be letting someone else' incompetence drag them down the drain.

To all those who say The government is the problem, my suggestion is that they need to take a course in basic logic. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that the government doesn't have problems -- It's just that we all do. With regard to problems in the government, like the one shown in the screen shot above, the problem is not the government. The government doesn't know how to build a website. In this case, I don't really blame the USPS. I would rather see whomever contracted to build this website gets exposed. I would like to see every contractor's name printed on every government website ever built, so we the people can get to know who those idiots are: They seem to have no problem taking the money from the government, the tax payers' government and the tax payers' money, but they seem to lack the basic decency of trying to do the job.

So, how about that, the USPS? Whoever built this broken website, print the names of the contractors, the company, the project manager, the project team leads, on the website, so they can take pride in what they have done with our money.

No comments:

Post a Comment