Thursday, November 27, 2014

Weak Product, Bad Design

Received with Bulbs Bumping Around Loose in Box
Purchased the product on eBay to replace burnt out bulbs. The package came pretty fast. I heard something knocking around inside. I opened the padded envelope, took out the box and saw the bulbs running loose in it.

The plastic piece in the box is obviously designed to hold the bulbs in place for transportation. But it is not doing the job. I actually spend a couple of minutes trying to figure out if the bulbs could be put in the holder. I finally give up as it seems that the bulbs simply would not fit.

From the packaging, I am sure that this is not the only box that went out with the product jumping around inside. I do not know if that could damage the bulbs or shorten their lives in anyway. But I am positive that the manufacturer does not want the bulbs running loose, as otherwise they would not need the holder and save a penny with the packaging and transportation.

I installed the bulbs and turned on the low beam. I was not sure if I messed up or something since there seemed to be no light coming out of the headlights -- Only did I see the lights when I stepped right in front of car. The light was bright white, but not as much as I expected.

All in all, I have to say I am less than impressed by the product so far. It seems to be much weaker than advertised. I will have to wait for a drive out in the dark to get a real feeling of how the bulbs work.

No comments:

Post a Comment