Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Asus C300M: A Nice Chromebook but I want Linux

I bought an Asus C300M Chromebook yesterday, with the plan to turn it into a little Mint Linux laptop.

Went searching online, there were lots to be found but all seemed to be about older Asus Chromebooks, like C200 or C300. Not sure if C300M is related to C300 or not. But so far I have not been able to get into the Developer Mode yet, although I did get it to flash this with a "localhost login" prompt on the screen:

The problem is that the prompt just flashes for a fraction of a second. There is no time to login.

I will keep on trying to figure this out. But if anyone has any tips on how to get into the Developer Mode, please share! Thanks in advance.

By the way, Chrome OS works nicely on this little machine. But I want to take the box to a country where most of Google's services are blocked by the government, which is the main reason for me to try installing Linux besides the fun of breaking things.

No comments:

Post a Comment